Job Title: Loader
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Operate heavy equipment. There will be some repair of equipment with daily maintenance and some maintenance department help.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The basic responsibilities of the Equipment Operator includes, but not limited to the following.
- Operate front-end loader for yard cleanup, loading vehicles, the plant and load dump truck with aggregate material.
- Repair equipment when necessary.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance such as oiling, greasing, and changing filters.
- Perform general cleanup of equipment and yard, such as shoveling and sweeping.
- Comply with all safety procedures, promotion of company safety program.
- Operate forklift in warehouse or garage.
- Complete all paperwork required by employer. Examples: Daily inspection report, fuel usage, daily production report.
- Compliance and support of company environmental policies and company spill response plans.
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Technical knowledge and skills equivalent to a two year vocational technical degree.
- Welding, Electrical and mechanical experience in an industrial environment.
- Apply common sense to carry out instructions, to deal with problems, to find source of the problem and correct the situation in a fairly short amount of time.
- Operate a front-end loader, forklift and skidster.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in maintenance of heavy equipment and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Read, write and understand English/Spanish
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree of physical strength necessary: This is moderately strenuous work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and / or up to 50 pounds frequently. Must lift and carry from floor level to waist level; also push/pull objects with similar force.
- Physical demands: Reaching, handling, fingering, and/or feeling.
- Reaching – extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands (fingering not involved).
- Fingering – picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
- Feeling – perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of receptors in skin, particularly those of finger tips. Occasional kneeling, squatting and bending. Climbing into loader as well as excessive clutch action.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- There is significant noise, vibration and heat which is intermittent, but may cause hearing loss and bodily harm. This is from a jackhammer and other equipment.
- There is also significant dust and dirt in the environment.
- There are many conditions and situations which there is a danger to bodily injury, such as heights, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, and other hazards. This is caused by the equipment, tools, and machines.
- This position is mostly outdoors and varies dramatically with weather conditions.
- Environment can be stressful due to phones, radios, yard congestion, yard traffic.
work with us
To apply for a job with Mini Concrete, please send a cover letter together with your C.V. to: